Fiber optic intrusion detection system: where to use it
A fiber optic intrusion detection system, also known as optical fiber perimeter intrusion detection system, can be used to protect sensitive and valuable sites of any kind.
A fiber optic intrusion detection system can be considered one of the best solutions for sites and targets for both theft and terrorism. These spaces, usually protected with perimeter fencing, can be further implemented in terms of security with the aid of a high-quality fiber optic intrusion detection system. Although fences are still one of the most traditionally used methods to avoid break-ins, a fiber optic intrusion detection system represents an even more effective deterrent, especially when enhanced with further security strategies such as:
- Fence monitoring with sensors
A good fiber optic intrusion detection system can significantly decrease false positive alarms caused by non-intruder events, which might happen with several unreliable, insufficient of inefficient monitoring methods. Typically, a high rate of false negatives can also be the result of the inability of the security system to detect actual intrusions, and create discouraging and expensive consequences such as:
- Operators fatigue
- Mistrust and distrust of the system
- Necessity of addition of secondary systems of personnel
With high-quality fiber optic intrusion detection systems such as those manufactured by CIAS, security will be significantly enhanced in any site and that will reverberate in the security team’s ability to proactively detect and respond to break-ins and intrusion events in a cost-effective way. All fiber optic intrusion detection systems by CIAS also contribute to reduce existing security systems and to limit new construction costs.
All fiber optic intrusion detection systems by CIAS guarantee:
- Responsiveness and a low rate of false positives generated by environmental factors
- Accuracy of intrusion event locations
- Flexibility in terms of integration with pre-existing technologies in situ
- Reliability in terms of detection of actual intrusion events
A fiber optic intrusion detection system can be effective and extremely responsive in several different events:
- When an intruder tries to climb or cut the perimeter fence
- When intruders position a ladder against a vertical support around the perimeter
- When items are thrown at the fence in order to break-in
- When materials such as carpeting and blankets are placed atop the perimeter fence in order to protect from barbed wire
- When multiple intruders try to break in at the same time
Get in touch with CIAS now and ask for a consultancy: discover the best fiber optic intrusion detection system for your site.